 General / 36598
Re: Episode II Products at Shop At Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:17:15 GMT

Yes, it is an issue for me that there is no system to the new colors.

As usual I'm still more interested in getting enough basic pieces in old
colors...

In the past I have bought a set just to get a rare piece, like the black
roof gable connector in 2152 (Roboforce) or black half-pyramid in the
Adventurers Pontoon Plane, mischievously omitted from the otherwise
wonderful Assorted Roof Bricks pack of 1999.

Now I see there is a white roof gable connector in the Jedi Starfighter.
Since white roof collecting is hopeless as a system (you'll never be able to
get enough for a roof system), the appearance of the rare gable connector is
less than a joke. (The tan and gray ones stirred hope which has since died.)
In this instance I won't be rushing to buy this set.

I have to say, the proliferation of new colors in the past few years was
initially pleasant, but for building materials it's not worth struggling to
work around all the lacunae. I point to lack of 1x1 bricks in many new colors.

In addition to my "No New Lego Buying in 2002" resolution I'm adding a
mid-year "Liquidate Rare Colors" resolution.

Jonathan Lopes has suggested I make all my grey roofs out of plates.

-Erik