 General / 362
Re: 1999 SWAT theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 19:32:37 GMT

Tom Stangl wrote:

OK, I put up a quick page on the truck - see it at http://www.vfaq.com/LEGO/ , under
the SWAT/OSIR Semi link.

Tom Stangl wrote:

No, actually, it is a tactical semi, using a Legoland California truck converted
to all black (EXCEPT for the fender piece, which is now listed on my Wants page
at http://www.vfaq.com/LEGO/wants/).  The trailer is 28 studs long (SO FAR.  I
may lengthen it) with 3 axles.  Most of the one side and the top swing up to
reveal a lab with computer stations, comm gear, and a rolling toolchest (bomb
disposal, I guess).

I'm still debating on whether it is truly a SWAT truck or whether it is an OSIR
truck (from the paranormal TV series, if you stay up that late ;-).

I'll take pics and post them soon.  My next mod is to lengthen the truck with
some thin walls (I NEED some, again they are shown on my Wants page), and move
the toolbox into the truck, allowing more room to hang tools from the walls of
the truck.  Lengthening the trailer will allow more comm equipment, and I am
thinking about putting a foldout sat dish at the rear of the truck. I may also
make the walls of the rear of the trailer swing out, and mount stuff on them.
If I do this, that section will need to be widened to 6 studs.
--
| Tom Stangl, Technical Support          Netscape Communications Corp |
|      Please do not associate my personal views with my employer     |

That's pretty cool.  Are the truck doors 1x3x2 or are they stacked 1x3x1
doors.  If they
are 1x3x2 doors, what set did they come in black in.

--
Paul Foster
http://reality.sgi.com/foster_stco/lego.html