 General / 35951
  What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

Hello, Lego fans. IMO Have any of you noticed that for the last several months, something's been missing on Lugnet's home page? If you guessed cool site of the week, you got it. I was just wondering, what happened to the cool site of the week (...) (22 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

(...) Yes, I'd say a LOT is missing from Lugnet's home page. Everything is out of date and, IMO, generally doesn't really represent Lugnet very well. Let me be specific. I'll start at the top and go down: --- Links. While at one time "Everything (...) (22 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

(...) Unfortunately...that was no coincidence...the administrators felt that a weekly cool site of the month feature was too cumbersome, especially with the write-ups of the "winner" of the month. I don't really consider what they did as a solution (...) (22 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes: [...] (...) [...] The accurate answer to your question is this: As some of you know, Todd Lehman, who's project CLSOTW was, lost enthusiasm for working with the AFOL community about a year ago. He continued to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

In lugnet.general, Ben Roller writes: [...] (...) I agree and am taking care of this now. I also got some good comments from a post here: (URL) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

(...) look forward to the new design. :) Ben Roller (22 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

(...) Hm...I wonder why he lost enthusiasm? Did he state a reason for this? (...) I see...things are beginning to get a bit more clear on my part. A fully automated CLSOTW is a great idea, and I just wonder *why* Todd didn't go with that one. Is he (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

(...) Yes, he wrote a letter back in June, but I asked him not to post it because I felt it came off as too negative. Whan I was about to take the riegns, before the wagon went off the cliff, I didn't want the community to panic. There were many (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

Thanks for that background information! It's very much appreciated. Now, I have an idea on what's going on! Respectively, <<_Matt Hein_>> Lugnet member No. 1112 (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)