 General / 35925
35924  |  35926
Subject:
Best Way to Cut Baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:49:01 GMT

I'm in a design "pickle" of sorts.  Not too long ago I began cutting up the
48 studs sq. baseplates to retangular forms so I may use them on platforms
for bridges.  OK, that's easy, but how can I do "stepped" cuts?  Say, I want
to cut out an area, starting from the corner, of 2x8.  Following that would
be a cut of 2x9 then 2x10 and so forth.  By the time its over, holding the
baseplate up, you'll have a series of risers w/ a measure of 2 studs and
landing w/ measures of 1 stud, "steps" if you will.

Your knowledge is welcome.

--
Adrian Egli
http://www.scltc.org