 General / 35861
Re: Hardest parts to take apart.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:18:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Hi!

When I first played with my 8448 Super Street Sensation parts I
connected two 6087 Bracket 5 x 2 x 2&1/3 (
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6087 ) and I must say I had quite a
struggle getting them apart again.

Are there any other pieces that interlocks harder then this one?

I know two plates well pushed togheter can prove quite a challange but
with a twist they normaly spearate enough to get a nail between them.
The 6087 was something quite different IMHO.
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/

Well, they aren't bricks, but I had a devil of a time taking apart six pairs of
arm pieces.  I had about 6 or 7 old arm pieces
( http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3612 ) from some ancient space sets I have,
and during a current MOC project, I connected them with some new arm pieces (
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/412 ).  After an hour of struggling and
fiddling, I found that by turning them at a 90 degree angle, and then turning
them back to an inline state with a flat head screwdriver keeping one side from
getting too close to the other, I was able to pry them apart without damaging
the parts...  whew..

--Anthony