 General / 35652
Re: More pics of 2002 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:01:31 GMT

Thomas Main wrote in message ...
I can't believe noby has commented on the new racetrack parts seen in these
pics:

http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/graphics/lego/RacersTrack1.jpg
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/graphics/lego/RacersTrack2.jpg

Looks like 8 wide and 16 long straight units.  There are also curved units • and
Y-track!  Stud connectivity via technic on the side, 1x2 studs in pairs on • the
ends, 1x4 studs in the middle, 2x2 studs on the track itself and probably • some
underneath as well!

This may be the most flexible road system TLC has ever given us.  Could be • used
as cartways for castleheads, boatways, elevated highways, or pedestrian • walks
for townies, track for space folks and those are just the obvious uses. • Lots
more could be built with this big panels.

Welll... this is what everyone thought about the elevated highway pieces in
6600 until we a) got them in our hands, and b) found there was only one
straight piece per expensive set, and no way to get more cheaply.

I got a look at a retailers catalog and the actual set (4586) with these
grey road sections in is a mid-sized set so maybe the cost won't be
prohibitive. It has 3 straight sections and two ramps. The other set (4588)
is about twice as big and has 2 Y-sections, 11 straights, 10 curves (each
1/12 of a circle) and 3 ramps... but they are GREEN, not grey. The Altered
States pics seem to show lt grey rather than green, so maybe the color has
been changed since the catalog pics. Wouldn't be the first time.

Kevin
TOWN Lego Building contest! http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2002
NEW Hospital 2396 piece kit! http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-hosp.htm
BrickLink Lego parts store: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1