 General / 35640
Re: More pics of 2002 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:10:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Stephen Bishop writes:
Hi all,

I found some more pictures of some 2002 sets, which weren't on fbtb. You can
see them at http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/lego_island_xtreme.shtml
if you're interested.

Steve

I can't believe noby has commented on the new racetrack parts seen in these
pics:

http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/graphics/lego/RacersTrack1.jpg
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/graphics/lego/RacersTrack2.jpg

Looks like 8 wide and 16 long straight units.  There are also curved units and
Y-track!  Stud connectivity via technic on the side, 1x2 studs in pairs on the
ends, 1x4 studs in the middle, 2x2 studs on the track itself and probably some
underneath as well!

This may be the most flexible road system TLC has ever given us.  Could be used
as cartways for castleheads, boatways, elevated highways, or pedestrian walks
for townies, track for space folks and those are just the obvious uses.  Lots
more could be built with this big panels.

This is likely one of the most important new pieces for 2002.

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@hotmail.com