 General / 35616
Re: Received new Pizza to Go(10036) today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:49:53 GMT

I was one of those people who managed to place an order for a Pizza to Go • last
week, before it was pulled from the Lego website.  I'd kind of been waiting • for
a message with a sorry, but we screwed up.  However, I was slightly shocked
when I returned home from work today and saw a Lego box waiting for me. • Sure
enough Lego came through and delivered the brand new Legend Pizza to Go.

In most large organisations, the left hand rarely knows what the right hand is
doing. I presume Lego is no different. So while someone is probably
responsible for deciding when sales of this set officially commence based on
some complex multi-valued decision-making marketing methodology, the person
who packs the box for shipping just take the items on the order and putsthem
in the box.

The person doing the shipping probably isn't saying to themselves "wow, this
is the new re-released Pizza Cafe set; I didn't realise that they were
officially launched yet", but rather "I'd better buy some kitty litter on the
way home". We might love Lego, but it's probably just a job to the person
packing the box.

Kerry