 General / 35525
  "Star Wars Parts" used in other themes - Toy Fair

Hi all, I was browsing thru Tim's awesome coverage of the Toy Fair (go to www.fbtb.net), and noticed this: (URL) me if I'm wrong, but this is the first set to use "Star Wars pieces" in a non-SW set (I'm talking about the Battle Droid arms on the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "Star Wars Parts" used in other themes - Toy Fair

(...) Weren't the click hinges developed for SW first? They're in everything now. (...) How so? Parts are parts, right? It's the configuration in sets that the license would cover, if I'm not mistaken. Matt (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "Star Wars Parts" used in other themes - Toy Fair

(...) Okay, I'll correct you. Those arms were used routinely in the Life on Mars Series, such as 7302 and 7311, as mounts for control panels. Also, click hinges, X-wing canopies, and X-wing cannons have all been reused quite frequently, and they (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "Star Wars Parts" used in other themes - Toy Fair

(...) <snip> Aren't they also used on the Martians themselves? You know the ones with the same torsos as the battle droids. Jude (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "Star Wars Parts" used in other themes - Toy Fair

(...) Boy, I feel dumb. That light bulb echoing "Life on Mars" just dinged above my head. It's gonna be one of those days... :-) -Chris (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "Star Wars Parts" used in other themes - Toy Fair

(...) Not to mention the fact that the Martians themselves are Battle droids with new heads. Also in that blue car (at the top of the thread) there is the piece from the back of the redesigned speeder bikes (in Ewok Attack 7139), as seen in this (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "Star Wars Parts" used in other themes - Toy Fair

(...) lines, so it's not necessarily a "SW part." Ditto the 6-long curved slopes. There may be a two-year delay for parts specifically intended for SW items, especially those that include a Lucasfilm trademark, but not basic building elements that (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "Star Wars Parts" used in other themes - Toy Fair

Remember that some of the Harry Potter pieces are copyright Lego and Warners, so pieces are not necessarily pieces -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Matthew Gerber" (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "Star Wars Parts" used in other themes - Toy Fair

(...) I think, though, that the only parts that that would cover would be those actually bearing WB trademarked properties, like the HP character minifig heads, sorting hat, that sort of thing. Or, for SW, the yoda minifig head, the Sebulba peice, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)