 General / 35529
Re: "Star Wars Parts" used in other themes - Toy Fair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:35:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Adrian Drake writes:
In lugnet.general, Chris Maddison writes:
Hi all,

I was browsing thru Tim's awesome coverage of the Toy Fair (go to
www.fbtb.net), and noticed this:

http://www.fbtb.net/toyfair2002/tfrace2.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first set to use "Star Wars pieces"
in a non-SW set (I'm talking about the Battle Droid arms on the blue racer).

Maybe this changes some things previously thought about the license
agreement between LEGO and Lucasfilm?

-Chris

Okay, I'll correct you.  Those arms were used routinely in the Life on Mars
Series, such as 7302 and 7311, as mounts for control panels.

<snip>

Aren't they also used on the Martians themselves? You know the ones with the
same torsos as the battle droids.

Jude