 General / 35460
Re: A sign of my LEGO addiction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 04:30:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.general, David Goeb writes:
In lugnet.general, John Gerlach writes:

Up to 37 of the little beasties now, 31 of the version 1.0 and 6 of the
version 2.0...

With that many...
You might be able to do a nice polyphonic keyboard with 37 keys.(*)
I have done it the other way RCX sending keypress via ir to Softsynth
on the Mac. Much much cooler to do it all in LEGO.

There's 3 inputs per RCX, so you could get 111 keys (or you could stop at 88 • if
you were bored), with 37 note polyphony! Even the 31 1.0s would be enough for • a
full size keyboard, then you wouldn't need to own a battery factory! How many
touch sensors & leads do you have? 8?)

ROSCO

Having to buy a ton of batteries is not much fun.  But I can't imagine
attempting to power 31 RCX's all at once from AC power.

If anyone ever has the need to buy large quantities of batteries, I recommend
this site --> http://www.captech.net/evereadyenergizerindustrial.htm

I once held a job where batteries were used by the dozen on a daily basis and
ordered from this supplier quite often.  Their prices are better than I could
get for Energizer Industrials from other suppliers (38 cents for AA-size) and
was ordering batteries by the gross on a monthly basis.
I think half of the battery comsumption was employees as we sold batteries to
them for cost plus 10 percent (as well as other stock items) in addition to
technicians simply pocketing batteries for personal use.

____