 General / 35375
Re: Brickshelf problems...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:58:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sonnich Jensen writes:
Hi!

I noticed that brickshelf has lately changed....
Seems like it remembers when I last logged on (?)?
This has caused me the following problems:

Sometimes when logging in it resets my computer, that is, windows dies and I
get a black screen. Sometimes the computer restarts by itself sometimes not.

This is the first report I have had of the site actually crashing people's
browser/machine.  Brickshelf uses extremely simple html that shouldn't be too
challenging for any browser.  What browser version and OS version are you
using?

Also, I just made several new changes to the login system which should help
people who have trouble staying logged in.  I'd love to hear reports from
people who were having problems with this and see if anything has improved.
Since cookies no longer expire, remember to user the logout function to prevent
others from using your account on that machine after you leave.

However, there is still a limit of being logged in on one machine at a time.
Every time you login, it cancels any existing logins on other machines.
This limit may go away in the future.

KL