 General / 35229
  Re: LEGO Statue of Liberty pedestal (was:Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!)

(...) I have to say that viewing this "professionally made" pedestal first put the idea into my head to buy no more LEGO. The pedestal and other sculptures at "Fortress TRU" are made mostly from parts that have not been made available to consumers, (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Statue of Liberty pedestal (was:Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!)

(...) Erik, my boy, I think we need to sit down & have a drink (or two). this can't be. If you don't want to purchase any new lego in 2002, I can deal with that. But the final purchase? I scored at Target yesterday, buy something from me for $1.00 (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Statue of Liberty pedestal (was:Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!)

(...) One of my triggers was a large (3 or 4 feet in diameter) UFO/Spaceship in a nearby Toys 'R Us. It is made of many many light grey bricks. I have no idea how you'd go about acquiring the types, quantities and colors used in this model. It would (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Statue of Liberty pedestal (was:Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!)

(...) I would love to meet sometime. Send me a private e-mail and we can hook up. Times Square can be fun -- I'll spring for Virgil's if you like, and we can swing by TRU and gasp at the LEGO sculptures. (This must be after February 11 -- my mom (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.general)