 General / 34832
    Loctite for bonding Lego —Greg Majewski
   I need to bond together multiple bricks for a current project. The stuff I was thinking of using is made by Loctite; it's probably some of the strongest epoxy I've ever used. Anyway: Does anyone have experience with this stuff and Lego? I need the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Loctite for bonding Lego —John Gerlach
     (...) I think LEGO uses Loctite in its Model Shops when glueing together Technic pieces. They used to use MEK - Methyl Ethyl Keytone (spelling?) - for the 'regular' ABS plastic bricks, but I don't know what they're using now. (MEK doesn't "stick" to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Loctite for bonding Lego —Greg Majewski
     (...) Nope. At least I hope they don't get seperated.. but the NERC[1] Ant Weight class seems to be getting more and more powerful, so they might become forcefully seperated <evil grin> [1] (URL) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Loctite for bonding Lego —John Gerlach
     (...) into one solid chunk o' plastic. It won't work on Technic axles, though. Experiment on some waste pieces before attempting to do your master construction. You don't need much MEK, you just need to put it in the correct spots! Disclaimer: The (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Loctite for bonding Lego —Jim Schifeling
   Make sure if you are using Methly Ethyl Ketone (and possibly) Methly Ethyl Ketone Peroxide that you wear protection for eyes , skin & lungs, it is real caustic nasty, nasty, stuff. It is used in 2 part epoxy glues and resins as a catalyst. Only mix (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Loctite for bonding Lego —James Powell
   (...) MEK is not as bad as MEKP. MEKP is used in epoxies, MEK is used as the flow on glue. MEK is what Lego uses (or were using) for models that are cemented together, and can be bought at a hardware store. (and, whist MEK is not as bad as MEKP, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)