 General / 34522
Re: Gone soft...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:13:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:
"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:qrth1u4o5brr78k86uqg1adg91d83ua3tk@4ax.com...

Why didn't you respond here?  I'm not seeing anything in John's question
that precludes a public response.

Steve

Suppose I could have.  His friend emailed me though, so I decided to answer
his question privatley.

Anyways, here it is, taken from the license packaged with ldraw027:

USAGE PROVISIONS:
Permission is granted to the user to use the software and
associated files in this package to create and render images. The
use of this software for the purpose of creating images is
completely free. The creator of a model file and the image created
from the model file, retains all rights to the image and model
file they created and may use them for any purpose commercial or
non-commercial.

So, images created using LDraw tools may be used for commercial purposes.

That's from the POV-ray licence, the full text is available at www.povray.org.
Does the same apply to all Ldraw tools? Note that POV-ray is more than just an
"Ldraw tool".

ROSCO