 General / 32848
  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

My daughter was "made in China" we adopted her from there and she is perfect..please do not be racist..OK Thanks (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Silliness Goes On and On and On and....

(...) To quote Nero Wolfe "Phooey!" Once again, I challenge you and all the other people who are so absolutely and stunningly eager to hurl charges of racism (can ANYONE explain this phenomena?) to produce the evidence of that "crime" in my posting. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Silliness Goes On and On and On and....

(...) c/phenomena/phenomenon (sorry, the editor gene asserted itself) What's weirdest to me is that the cry "racism" is used so very *incorrectly* a large part of the time. For example, the charge of essentialization (which one might feasibly level (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Silliness Goes On and On and On and....

(...) Once again Lindsay I thank you for your input to this discussion. I'm also probably one of the few people in this forum who appreciates being set straight on the misuse of particular words, so THANKS. I wonder if you'd be willing to circle (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Silliness Goes On and On and On and....

(...) Actually quite a number of us like to be corrected. It's the only way to get better. That said, this is the first of multiple attacks against your readership in general that I think signals some kind of communications failure. I think you are (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Silliness Goes On and On and On and....

(...) You're right Chris in pointing out to me that I've started lashing out with unwarranted "attacks" and generalizations when I should stick to responding to individuals and specifics. In retrospect I should have just said "I don't mind being (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  He didn't make a single racist comment..

Usually, I wouldn't touch this kind of topic with a 20 foot stick, but I feel as if some more people have to stand up for Greg here. He didn't make a single racist comment, nor did he say anything that even vaguely appeared racist. As Greg said (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: He didn't make a single racist comment..

(...) I agree. No racism in Greg's comments that I saw. Not much Jingoism either. (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: He didn't make a single racist comment..

(...) Greg has done a good job of elaborating upon his original point, as well as clarifying his (self-admitted) imprecise wording. However, some here felt a distinctly racial tone to this snippet: (...) from (URL) I agree that there is no (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: He didn't make a single racist comment..

(...) Yes, thanks for that clarification. I stand by my assertion though that Greg got a bit of a raw deal on this, though, especially in some of the initial comments made. Calling it jingoistic was a bit over the top, I thought. (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)