 Off-Topic / Debate / 12463
Re: The Silliness Goes On and On and On and....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 03:37:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Skip Robinson writes:
My daughter was "made in China" we adopted her from there and she is
perfect..please do not be racist..OK

Thanks

To quote Nero Wolfe "Phooey!"

Once again, I challenge you and all the other people who are so absolutely
and stunningly eager to hurl charges of racism (can ANYONE explain this
phenomena?) to produce the evidence of that "crime" in my posting.  Or do
you think that just because you've played the "Remember the Children!" card
that you're relieved of all responsibility for what you write?

Believe me, I bear no ill will toward any Asian young or old.  I do however,
based solely on the 20-odd words you wrote, feel extremely sorry for your
daughter since it appears that she's to be raised by someone who (based on
this slim evidence) is going to be busy looking for RACISM in every word,
look and gesture of others.  I feel sorry for the both of you that you'll be
living in such a tortured world that will primarily be of your own making.
Because, of course, as long as you keep looking for the racism you'll always
be able to see it.  Isn't dealing with true racism enough of challenge
without inventing it where it doesn't exist?

So, Mr. Robinson I would turn your request back on you and ask you to please
not be someone who, in his desire to protect his daughter from perceived
racism, is himself turned into a close-minded bigot.

Sincerely (and for a change without Sarcasm),
Greg