 General / 32800
  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) This news is pretty shocking (maybe I've been sleeping and never noticed). <snipped Greg's observations> (...) Depends how you define quality. (...) Difficult to say. I've always had this idea of LEGO of being some sort of magical company that (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

Chris - many thanks to you for your comments and thoughts related to my post. Unlike other responses (such as lawrence's "crap" one) yours has led me to do some further thinking about whether an anti-MADE IN CHINA position is a tenable one with (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

In lugnet.general, Christopher Tracey writes: <snippitty-doo-da> (...) I had heard this news many months ago and in a panic rushed to buy-up a lifetime supply of my favorite low-tops (a necessary part of my social uniform). However, according to my (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) OT, but to correct misinformation... Chuck Taylor All-Star shoes are still being made and distributed. They may have been out of production for a while, but they are currently in production. And a company representative has publicly gone on (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

Sorry Jim, I didn't see you followed this up to .fun. There was a recent article in the NYTimes about converse and i think an NPR report in the past three weeks. Most of my info came from those sources. That's interesting new that they are still (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)