 General / 32758
Re: Chapter 1 of Subterfugitives now online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 03:32:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joel Jacobsen writes:
And I especially liked the sense of subtlety used in various shots. Without
ruining the story before others have read it -- did I correctly notice that
a certain file  was.. um.. "relocated"? ;)

cool, I am glad that detail is noticable.  I am using a slightly outdated
camera and it is a little blurrier than I would prefer for the close-up.  I
am going to borrow someone's cam for the next chapter to see if the pics
come out any clearer.

The shots that I especially enjoyed from chapter one:

1. The Mother Superior's office. The computer on the desk is too sweet. How
did you affix the screen, though? Is it glued or just balanced there?

actually, it is a (2x3x2) container door.  the handle is one stud wide, so
it pops into place pretty well.

The artwork on the wall in the back right corner -- is that hand drawn?

yeah, the Madonna and Jesus picture was made with a ball point pen  :)

quite sure that the rest of the story will be as (or more) entertaining than
any movie I might choose to see -- and it'll cost a lot less, too! :)

its a lot less $$$ to make too!  I don't have to hire ILM  ;)

cheers!
Joel K