 General / 3256
Re: Were Parts Packs available in US stores?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:10:12 GMT

Hi all,
  This is my first post to LUGNET but I ahve been lurking on and off around
here for a few months now.  Sometime around 1979-1982 I was building some
sort of building and I needed more red roof slope pieces.  My dad asked my
mom to take me out and buy some( I guess i just got a good report card in
school or something).  We went to a Sears store in Scranton, PA where at the
end of a set of shelves they had a bunch of the supplemental parts packs.  I
ended up getting two boxes of roof bricks and the flower and trees
pack(2pine, 2round, and 4flowers). They had other parts packs which I don't
really remember but they probably were plain boxes of bricks or wheels or
something.  That's the only time I ever bought supplemental parts in a store
but I remember seeing them around the same time period.   Parts packs must
have been pretty common in that area for my dad to know that they were
available in stores. I only wish I had gotten more of them.

Chris