 General / 32376
Re: Where is Lego's Creativity? (and where's the rest of Jurassic Park?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 00:30:37 GMT

in article GHpzux.GEH@lugnet.com, Ace wrote:

i think Lawrence has a point in LEGO's own creativity. Look at the retail
shelf. where's the appeal? where's the cool looking set that'll have the
parent think that it's cool enough for their kid? nobody's gonna wanna buy
crappy looking toys.

Unfortunately LEGO is battling the ever-decreasing attention span. I was
standing in the LEGO aisle of my TRU recently, when a man was looking at
some sets. He picked up the Polar Base, and I mentioned that I thought it
was a pretty good set. He said "Yeah, but my son had the last thing put
together in 10 minutes." I mentioned that the fun of LEGO is that you can
disassemble things and build new stuff, and he looked at me like that was a
totally alien concept. I think a lot of kids would rather build the thing
once and then go play Nintendo or something.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego