 General / 32233
32232  |  32234
Subject:
What colour should a Supermarine Spitfire be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:42:48 GMT

Right now it is green overall with the underside of the wings and fuselage
in light grey. It also has D-day invasion markings on the bottom as well (
black and white stripes on the bottom rear part of the fuselage)

At this point lego doesn't make a camo-green colour or a light olive drab,
so making the spitfire in all green is about as close as I figure I can get.

There is also the option of making the entire plane light grey, but largeish
camo decals to go over top. I know most people hate large decals on lego
models and so do I, so want to clear this with everyone before I order the
parts off of brickbay. Large decals would also raise the price a little more
(not much) because of the cost of printing. Would people prefer having an
all grey plane with little bits of green mixed in? There are tons of colour
options so let me know what you want! The only set coulors are the white and
black stripes, and the grey underside of the fuselage and wings.

This kit should be availabe within three weeks, maybe a little more/less.
Hopefully I will have my site up and a picture of the finished kit within
two weeks.

Thanks in advance,

-Geordan-