 General / 31451
    Should we be worried about shop@home? —Lawrence Wilkes
   Right now most folks seem pleased with shop@home. - Availability - Increasing range of products - Exclusives - Even old warehouse stock. All good stuff. However, I can also observe (especially here in UK) - decreasing stocks in bricks and mortar (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Should we be worried about shop@home? —Richard Marchetti
     (...) Some of your comments about online deals are just about the dotcom bubble. And end of line retail deals may have trickled off because retail stores may finally have gotten a better sense of what they will actually sell; and they may also have (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: Should we be worried about shop@home? —Lawrence Wilkes
      "richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GFpADC.LvE@lugnet.com... (...) always going to be more a case >of cut out the middleman and make more profit. (...) There's nothing dot com bubble about Lego making a bigger percentage (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Should we be worried about shop@home? —Troy Cefaratti
   (...) lowering prices. (...) middleman and make more profit. (...) I think you may be overlooking the important point that Lego may notbe trying to "cut out" anyone, but rather offer a place where buyers can get access to their full line. I'd bet (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Should we be worried about shop@home? —Lawrence Wilkes
    "Troy Cefaratti" <mnementh@dsl.telocity.com> wrote in message news:GH6wyC.2A5@lugnet.com... (...) That's the retail channel that it is protecting by not allowing them to sell all the new juicy SAH exclusives is it? Or the retail channel that it (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Should we be worried about shop@home? —Ray Sanders
   (...) <snip> (...) (IMHO / ymmv) Shop at Home is both a profit and a cost center. Having people to answer the phones, take order, package and ship does not come for free. I do not know how TLC does the internal dollars, but I would not be surprised (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.theory)