 General / 30574
Re: I'm back... (Could someone clarify?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 05:23:25 GMT

Hmmm, a clever twist of my meaning, but still you miss the point. You have
again failed to convince me of your "right" to post on a private server
owned by an individual. I think (again, my opinion) everyone does understand
that this is a private server with a ToS. If they violate it, they are gone.
It is simple. Can you have an opinion...sure. Can you violate the ToS...not
while remaining a member. Can you be banned from a private server for no
reason...absolutely, but so far I have seen the process as fair. This is not
a democracy, it is a humble dictatorship...

If the ToS for LUGNET were onerous, there would be few members and LUGNET
would not be successful. In my experience, the ToS and its application are
not onerous in any way and as a result LUGNET has thrived.

So, to reiterate, you were banned by the admin. Go. Go to RTL, I will catch
you there and enjoy your posts. On LUGNET you are personna non gratta based
on the actions of the admin.

Rich Thompson
http://www.robotthoughts.com

In lugnet.general, Scott Chambers writes:
<disregard the From field>

In lugnet.general, Rich Thompson writes:
Matthew, this repetition quickly becomes boring. You continue to post in a
place where you have been banned. You were banned for violation of the ToS.
It does not matter if you were banned for being ugly, inept, funny-looking,
or too handsome. You are still banned from a private community run by a
private individual. Your opinion is not relevant based on these facts.

Does everybody hear that?  On Lugnet, your opinion doesn't matter, you have
no say, you are NOTHING here...at least according to Rich.  I on the other
hand disagree, this private server does not even EXIST without all of us
posting to it, therefore everyone here has a say, everyone here does not
need to just conform to the way things are.  You DO have a voice, you DO
have control, and you DO NOT need to let people bully you into acting the
way THEY want you to.  I am an example of how ONE person can stand up and
say, "You know what?  This is bullsh*t.  I'm gonna initiate some chage!"

As for my speaking for the entire community, re-read that line. You are not
welcome according to the only voice that matters, the Admin of the
community. If you don't like it, take it up privately with Todd.

Todd?  I think Todd dropped completely off the face of the planet, in which
case all of us really do set the rules and standards.

-Matthew