 General / 3026
Re: Clock which counts the time using LEGO Technic parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:40:33 GMT

BTW, I have made a clock similar to the one Leo Dorst has (with some
modifications), and it's really fun.  You should try, one day!

Fredrik

A long time ago, before free-rotating gears made co-axial
hands easy, I made a clock with separate 'faces' for the different
hands; quite noisy, driven by the 4.5V black-block motor...

Has anybody made any other "real-world appliance" models?

I've made a few different versions of a record player,
with a grammophone funnel made from an A3 sheet of paper and
a metal pin for a stylus. The old 8860 tire, with grey pegs
in all 6 holes, holds a large-center-hole 7" record
quite well. (I used a junk record, obviously)
Inspired by then-new CD players, I tried to make a front-loading
record player, but never finished it.

I have yet to try my idea of a floppy-disk-format circular
punch card reader; making this with black dots on white paper
rather than holes, one should be able to make this device
both read and write - how about that for PC-autonomous
Mindstorms programming? :)