 General / 3042
Re: Clock which counts the time using LEGO Technic parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 04:09:17 GMT

alex wrote:
Has anybody made any other "real-world appliance" models?

When I was a kid I had fun playing with cheap reel-to-reel tape decks
that I'd find at garage sales.  Usually they had pretty small reels • (maybe
3") and I had a bunch of reels of 8" tape, so I made a lego machine • which
would wind tape from the large reels of tape that I owned onto the • smaller
ones that my tape deck would work with.  It was a pretty simple device, • but
worked well and was much better then trying to do it by hand.

That reminds me... I once made a cassete tape rewinder because the rewind
on my Walkman was too slow.  The rewinder was kind of noisy and didn't
hold the tape very well though.
--Bram