 General / 3010
    Re: Clock which counts the time using LEGO Technic parts —Jeroen Ottens
   Looks kinda weird. Do you know how it works? Especially this ball hovering in this vertical tube? BTW Leo Dorst in Holland has made a working tailclock from lego pieces. I don't know the link, but it is on everything Lego. Jeroen Ottens (private (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Clock which counts the time using LEGO Technic parts —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) This thing is driven and timed by an external process, as far as I can see. So the LEGO constructions only counts the time, based on the external input. The external input here means balls which are blown up in the tube every minute. BTW, I (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Clock which counts the time using LEGO Technic parts —Gregor Benedikt Rochow
   (...) A long time ago, before free-rotating gears made co-axial hands easy, I made a clock with separate 'faces' for the different hands; quite noisy, driven by the 4.5V black-block motor... Has anybody made any other "real-world appliance" models? (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Clock which counts the time using LEGO Technic parts —Alex Wetmore
     G. Benedikt Rochow <rochogb@eng.auburn....ethis.edu> wrote in message news:F7z4vL.3ws@lugnet.com... (...) When I was a kid I had fun playing with cheap reel-to-reel tape decks that I'd find at garage sales. Usually they had pretty small reels (maybe (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Clock which counts the time using LEGO Technic parts —Bram Lambrecht
     (...) (maybe (...) which (...) smaller (...) but (...) That reminds me... I once made a cassete tape rewinder because the rewind on my Walkman was too slow. The rewinder was kind of noisy and didn't hold the tape very well though. --Bram Bram (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Clock which counts the time using LEGO Technic parts —Anders Isaksson
   G. Benedikt Rochow skrev i meddelandet ... (...) The kids and I built a steering wheel plus brake and accelerator, for putting onto the keyboard when playing racing games (This was before we had a joystick). (It was for fingers, not for feet!) -- (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)