 General / 29913
Re: Did you guys see this - its COOL!! (Re: LEGOfest Roma: LA PANORAMICA!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 19:15:39 GMT

Hi all,

After posting this message last night, I got to thinking about QuickTimeVR.
I've had the tools for this, but had never tried it before.

I also had my old laptop and digital camera sitting on the kitchen table, a
lazy susan waiting to go to the garage, and had just picked up an old 6453
Com-Link Cruiser on clearance at Ross because I needed a computer keyboard
1x2 plate. So I decided to give it a try. See the fruits of my labor at:

http://homepage.mac.com/bricknbrack/FileSharing.html

You'll want to get the file 6453.mov, and you'll need QuickTime Player to
view it.

Matt

FUT-lugnet.fun

In lugnet.loc.it, Matthew Gerber writes:
Mark,

Welcome to the wonderful world of QuickTimeVR, brought to you by Apple
Computer (you obviously have QuickTime on your system, or you couldn't have
viewed the movie in the first place).

Since you don't seem to have experieced this before, here's a quick
to make a VR movie of. 2) Either by eye or using a special tripod template,
take a series of pictures every few degrees around the tripod (the images
need to overlap). 3) In the computer use a QuickTimeVR utility to "stitch"
the photos together, into a cylinder shaped construct. You now have a movie
file with interactivity (BTW, you can get really deep into this, adding hot
spots, zooms, and linking many movies together to get an imersive
walkthrough movie!).

Go to http://www.apple.com/quicktime/products/gallery/ to see lots of cool
VRs, and go to http://www.apple.com/quicktime/products/qt/overview/qtvr.html
to learn more about QuickTimeVR.

Enjoy!
Matt

In lugnet.loc.it, Mark Papenfuss writes:
In lugnet.loc.it, Mario Ferrari writes:
In lugnet.loc.it, Domenico Franco writes:
la prima immagine è una panoramica del plastico, ho provato a realizzare • una
file MOV (QuickTime Virtual Reality) ma non ho software che mi consentano • di
realizzare panoramiche parziali, solo 360°. Qualcuno dispone di software
apposito? ;-)

Grazie agli utilissimi consigli di Federico Saluz (Grazie Federico!) sono
riuscito a realizzare la panoramica del plastico.
http://web.tiscalinet.it/acubens/legofest/legomov.html

Che spettacolo!!! Grande Domenico (e Federico)!

Ciao
Mario

I have no idea what they are saying, but that link is COOL!!! You can click
on it and drag it all around? How did he do that? WOW!!!! :)
Mark P
mfuss903@aol.com