 General / 28980
Re: New Website - More LEGO Desktop Themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:12:27 GMT

mfuss903 wrote:

Very nice ~ you may enjoy seeing this:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=38342

LOL!

I put it up while I was in school tonight, and everybody there knows I love
legos - and everybody thought it was great! I thank you for giving us some
really cool backgrounds (heck, I did have a pic of my kids up untill now!)
Be sure to let us know if you get more up! The only thing I noticed is that
my taskbar covers your site name, if it was up higher then everybody could
see the maker of this great background.
Mark P
mfuss903@aol.com

x'ed to publish, to help you show off! :^)

On the subject of the logo location...the desktop images are
specifically aligned for Macintosh computers. I never use Windows
machines unless forced to do so at gunpoint, and I guess the versatility
of my brick scenes have suffered as a result. The scenes are optimized
for Mac desktops, in that they have a 20-pixel offset at the top for a
Mac menubar, and the logo (which I assumed everyone would erase anyway)
isn't blocked on a Mac's desktop. An extreme example of this is Scene
#6, which on a PC would have a 20-pixel high blank area at the top,
while on a Mac the "full-bleed" brick comes right up to the bottom edge
of the menubar. If someone would send me some exact specs regarding
which portion of the PC desktop area is permanently covered by interface
baubles, I'd be happy to double the available downloads and make
PC-specific versions.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918
The University of Kentucky
SECC Middlesboro Academic Skills Resource Center
accutron@kih.net - http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/