 General / 28979
Re: New Website - More LEGO Desktop Themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:32:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Micah J. Mabelitini writes:
I've uploaded a new site called BrickDreams, featuring the 2x4 brick
desktop themes I rendered in Bryce. I've rendered a couple new ones
since my initial post on Monday, including one with a black background,
per Tom Stangl's request for such. Additionally, the three scenes
mentioned in my initial post are now obsolete, as I standardized the
processing from raw rendered TIFF to downloadable jpeg with menubar
offset. Each scene is also available in three different sizes: 640x480,
800x600 and 1024x768. All scenes in all sizes are optimized for a 20
pixel-high Macintosh menubar; non-Macintosh platforms may vary. I plan
to add more with black backgrounds in the future, but the lighting
effects involved in the black-background scenes make the render times
exponentially longer. The images are free license to download for
personal use, just please don't redistribute them. Theme #6 on the site
will also be available as soon as my ISP's ftp server wakes up (they
appear to be having technical problems at the moment). The URL is:

http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/brickdreams/

I haven't thoroughly tested the site yet, so if you find any broken
links, feel free to email them to me.

Very nice ~ you may enjoy seeing this:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=38342
I put it up while I was in school tonight, and everybody there knows I love
legos - and everybody thought it was great! I thank you for giving us some
really cool backgrounds (heck, I did have a pic of my kids up untill now!)
Be sure to let us know if you get more up! The only thing I noticed is that
my taskbar covers your site name, if it was up higher then everybody could
see the maker of this great background.
Mark P
mfuss903@aol.com

x'ed to publish, to help you show off! :^)