 General / 28407
Re: LEGO Company announces poor performance in year 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 00:06:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Santosh Bhat writes:
In lugnet.lego.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
from :http://www.lego.com/info/pressspecific.asp?PressReleaseId=171&Year=2001

LEGO Company announces poor performance in year 2000

<snip>

Aww C'mon Lego produce more three piece two vehicles, or perhaps a four
piece tellitubbie explorer. Thats what kids want isnt it? Silly products
that stimulate a childs stupidity and marketability.

I think its a good thing that Lego are rethinking their core business. Just
ideals Lego supposedly aim for than todays junk.

Santosh
(how much is my two cents worth now?)

Here, here!  Get that overpriced junk off the shelves and give us some good
sets with lots of pieces like in the late 80's.  Even my little nephew
agrees with this philosophy.

John Warren