 General / 2814
Re: TLG investigation 1st answers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:15:14 GMT

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 10:10:08 GMT, "Anders Isaksson"
<isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> wrote:

Mike, don't forget - for You, the _building_ is the thing, for kids,
_playing_ is the greater part.

But Anders, if the *playing* is the important part, then why don't we
just buy pre-built, ready-to-go toys for our kids?  They're sturdier,
usually; cheaper, just about always; have more functionality, without a
doubt.  If my kids want to play with cars, they get out their
Matchbox/Hotwheels.  When they want to create their own stuff, they use
LEGO.

If there's no significant builing involved, the appeal of LEGO
diminishes greatly.  A parent might buy there kid a few Town, Jr. sets,
but (generally) they aren't going to spend enough for the child to
create an entire town.

Steve