 General / 27745
Re: Where from, tough one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:31:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Felipe Coury writes:
Heather,

Aha, it's not in the Vattima inventories, which is why I couldn't find
it... I guess it needs to be inventoried!

I think it too... How can we do that? Who do we have to contact?

All the inventories are done by us, the fans.  So someone with a complete set
would have to take it apart, sort it, and make a list of all the parts.  There
are some guidelines for inventorying sets at http://www.lugnet.com/inv/ .  Dan
and Jenn at http://www.peeron.com/inv are taking new inventories, and if you
send them LDraw part numbers (like those used in Partsref) for the parts in the
set you're doing, they can fold it into their cross-referencing system.  The
6597 is a big job, at 850 pieces, but it's one of the few Town sets not done by
Tim Vattima ( http://www.lugnet.com/inv/tv/ ) so it would be lovely to get it
into Peeron.

Hope this helps!

BTW, thanks for searching it and helping me, the piece you pointed was very
close to the one in my mind.

That's my job, I'm the Brick Detective, or one of them :-).  Bram was actually
familiar with the piece, though - I just looked in the reference lists.

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada