 General / 2757
2756  |  2758
Subject:
I would like some help, please... (More Dacta in Canada)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 00:08:22 GMT

Brief summary for those that may have missed the earlier comments on
this matter:
    I had been inquiring about the availability of LEGO/Dacta in Canada,
and was directed to an educational supplier which supplies it for
Canada: Spectrum  I contacted Spectrum last month and they sent me their
catalogs that contain LEGO/Dacta.  Since there are only a dozen or so
pages of LEGO/Dacta listed in Spectrum's catalog, I realized that
Spectrum's list of LEGO/Dacta is far from complete.

    Today, I decided to call Spectrum to see if I could order LEGO/Dacta
that wasn't in their catalog, if I happened to know the part number of
what I wanted.  Eureka!  The person on the phone said that as long as
the product was part of TLG's educational line (i.e. LEGO/Dacta), he
didn't anticipate there being any serious problems ordering it in.  If
it wasn't part of the educational line (i.e. retail), he said I could
probably get it from S@H or TRU.  Cool.

    So... I need some help.

    I can't get a full LEGO/Dacta catalog where I live, since Pitsco
does not deal directly with Canada.

    (See where I'm going with this?)

    If somebody could tell me how much it would cost to send a magazine
from the U.S. to Canada, I can probably send somebody the stamps
necessary to send it over (or, if somebody has a suggestion that is
easier to work with, I'm open to ideas).

    Email me for details.

Mark

(why do I feel like I'm involving myself in some sort of smuggling
operation here?)