 General / 27411
Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:35:38 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Rose Regner writes:

Maggie Cambron wrote in message ...
But I do have to say, I remember when the Paradisa sets were out in the
stores (circa 1992-95), and they really didn't sell well.  I ended up getting
my 6411's and 6416's from MacFrugal's. And I picked up several 4151 and 4161
girls' Freestyle sets on clearance at Walmart.  So there is a reason LEGO
isn't putting out many sets aimed at girls-- while WE may buy them, the fact
is, most people won't.

But then this brings up the pink bricks issue, not all girls are fans of
pink. I would be happy with some non-violent sets that have a theme girls
can relate to.  I have to admit that there are very few sets I am unable to
find on clearance, so I don't know how much of an indicator this is. Now
when sets are on clearance, for 75% off and they still set on the shelf, I
do believe this is an indication.

That's true.  I would like to see sets reminiscent of Pizza to Go and the
Ristorante set that I believe we in the U.S. could only get through S@H.

Maggie C.