 General / 27410
Re: Anyone Minifig Complete?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:38:08 GMT

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message
news:G893q1.FIL@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:

And if they do stop making them, look at the positive side.
They will command a fortune on eBay!

Did I miss something?? When/how did the rumor start that TLC is doing away
with the minifig??

Jake

Silly unfounded speculation on behalf of the release of the Creator fig.
Rereading threads this week shows me (sorry, my HTTP is down now for some dumb
reason, no URLs to post) that in the Creator Scourge thread jokes were made
about minifigs raising up armies against them or else they'd be defeated.  It
went from there...and I cringed whenever I saw it appear in a post, because the
rumor looked to me like it came from a harmless joke.  Nevertheless...when
reacting to the Creator figs (for the first time) I said 'long live the minifig'
in a joking manner.

*long sigh*

All the more reason to keep the communication lines open, and for us on the AFOL
side to take a big chill pill.  I meant no harm by the minifig comment, but now
see that such an emotional outburst may have been damaging.  I'm sorry.

So anyways...

*sigh*

-Tim