 General / 26903
Re: Come on Lego...get with it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 16:38:01 GMT

"ben medinets" <bmedinets@aol.com> wrote in message
news:G7IoqM.GIL@lugnet.com...

I think the direction The Lego Group needs to go is to finally address its
market...it needs to realize that 90% of its market base is probably with
the F(ans) O(f) L(ego), not the kids - who are more into electronic
gaming.

Um, hello?

I believe you have those numbers reversed - kids are about 90% of TLC's market,
and the AFOLs are about 10%.  LEGO will NEVER cease to be a kid's toy.  But -
LEGO should change their strategies to bring it back to a Construction Toy, and
not this juniorized crap we see now.  Granted, LoM and SW are NOT juniorized,
the rest is horribly juniorized.

XFUT -> lugnet.dear-lego
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com