 General / 26764
Re: History of the Oldest LEGO Garages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:34:17 GMT

Gary Istok wrote in message <3A670ACA.1C76E1F2@umich.edu>...
That back "L" part you are talking about is the counterweight.  They are
actually 2 separate pieces that attach to the back of the door.  Many times
these pieces, once inserted, never come out again.  It is possible that • these
were sometimes sold with the pieces already inserted, but I cannot confirm
that.  I remember the one I had from my childhood, exactly as you described
Kevin, also didn't come loose out of the slot.

Aha! Now I see - each arm is a separate piece but it's so firmly joined (not
the slightest wiggle in mine) that I didn't realise. I have no idea whether
this came with the pieces inserted or separate, it's way too long ago :-)

Kevin
Victorian House: Limited edition kit
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-vblu.htm
Craftsman Kits & Custom Lego models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com