 General / 26763
Re: New 2001 scans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:22:57 GMT

When I saw these images I suspected that they might violate the
BrickShelf TOS.  I conducted a brief investigation and determined that
they appear to be images of a current LEGO vendors catalog.  In addition
they appeared to show products that have not yet been known publicly.

A similar event occurred last year on LUGNET, and LEGO expressed in no
uncertain terms that they object to the publication of information
taken exclusively from current vendors catalogs.

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=12365

In light of those statements, It is my opinion that the images in question
constitute "trade secrets" and posting them without permission is
in violation of the brickShelf TOS #7f:

http://www.brickshelf.com/terms.html

Determining that a post is a "trade secret" is a difficult task and normally
I would do nothing until a complaint was received from an involved party.
In this case the facts were sufficiently clear on their face to
permit deleting the files prior to any complaint.

If LEGO does not in fact object to the images in question,
feel free to upload them again.

Kl

In lugnet.general, Bryan Kinkel writes:
Some scans from what looks like a dealer catalog have been posted on
Brickshelf:

I did not upload, just pointing out what I found using the "recent" link in
the Gallery.

Items shown -
Builder Bob (Duplo scale)
Dinosaurs ( - insert BURP joke here - )
Battling robots?
Technic

Challenge - Who can come up with good ideas on what to build with those
BURP-like dinosaur pieces?

Bryan