 General / 26473
Re: wWITP (weekly What Is This Part)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 02:58:31 GMT

Ray Sanders wrote:

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
Is this is the 956 Auto Chassis tire and hub?
I have both sets, for comparison, if I can dig up that red hub....

That wheel-hub (in 956) looks like the dat file picture. Note the long vertical
rib across the center circle. The part I have does *not* have that. The axlehole
is actually recessed a bit. Its hard to tell from the picture of 956, but I
suspect that those wheels are not 2-bricks high if measured lying flat.

Hmm, looks like there are two very similar hubs. If the part in 956 is
indeed the same one as in the partsref, it should be about the same
thickness, though it could be a bit thicker. When you see a notation
like 24x43 on a LEGO tire, that's width X diameter in mm. The hub from
6615 etc. is 20mm thick.

Frank