 General / 26189
Re: Questions about creator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:02:16 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:
Just a reminder/warning about European video tapes.   They are a different
format than USA tapes.  I made the mistake about 11 years ago of taking a family
videotape to Germany.  They are the same size, and look identical.  But you
cannot play European and USA tapes on each others VCRs!  (Well you can, but
there is no picture or sound, it looks like playing an empty tape).

It is possible to get VCRs in the US which can read European tapes (PAL
and I think SECAM is another format?). I think these especially started
to become popular when the anime genre really started to take off.

FUT: lugnet.off-topic.geek

Frank