 General / 26137
Re: Lego cutting plates in Catalogue Dioramas (Was and part of it still is Re: More on the decline of LEGO quality... [long])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 04:14:40 GMT

Nicholas Allan wrote:
See this page in the same catalogue.
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1988/c88uk/c88uk-12.html
The lift is made using a rack and cog that also came in the big Ice Planet
ship and the Europort Container Base.  In all there catalogues, the dioramas
always only used sets that could be purchased (I think) to help underline
the scenes that could be created by purchasing lots of sets.

I think you meant the Ice Planet base...

AndnNow for a slightly different topic (and why I've shifted this back to
lugnet.general)

Did anyone else notice that in some photos Lego cut baseplates to cram more
into a scene?

They also did so in the UK catalog scene above... Notice the road
between the police station and the garage (car park) is separated from
the 3 prong driveway by 2 studs.

Frank