 Year / 2001 / 545
Re: More on the decline of LEGO quality.... [long]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 05:02:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Culberson writes:
----Note: FUT: lugnet.year.2001 (I figure this is probably the best
place but feel free to change :)----

...Sorry if this has been discussed but I was pondering today on the
subject of the LEGO catalogs.

We've all yakked lots about how LEGO designs are becoming juniorized,
cheap, smaller, less interesting, blah blah blah...but what about the
LEGO catalogs?  Although I was certainly younger at the time, I remember
being just fascinated looking at the catalogs of the lat 80's and early
90's themselves because of all the inspiring and interesting scenes that
were created.  They gave meaning and purpose to all of the various sets
in a particular theme such that the sets belonged together!

Two years later....
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1989/c89nl/c89nl-23.html
I start making up stories about the minifigs within 10 seconds of seeing
this photo.

Any thoughts?

  Sorry to have to post again, but what is that car/vehicle lift in that
picture?  Is that a real set, or just a one-time Lego piece to fit in with
the scene?  Does anyone know?