 General / 26097
Re: **My very first posting of MOC pics!!!!**
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 15:29:03 GMT

Bill, Bill, *Bill*!

Me-aipho le-hatkhil?!
It's great to see these MOCs I've heard about! I can tell you put a lot of
effort in there (even disregarding the fact that I heard they were in
process of building several weeks ago! ;-). Those first two are just
*awesome*. You really have a knack for designing animal-vehicles to that
scale. Both aesthetically pleasing *and* practical! Cool!

In lugnet.general, Bill Farkas writes:
The first set of pics is of a battering ram I made for my wolfpack figs. My
wife says it looks like a "really bad chipmunk".(!!) I've never quite
forgiven her for that. My therapist says I'm recovering nicely. Here's the pics:

Your wife, evidently, doesn't know jack about lego. <grin> (I hope she'll
forgive me for that!)... that is *cool*. You captured the wolf essensce
brilliantly, my friend...

The second set of pics is of a wind-driven amphibious land cruiser that I
made for the Black Falcons. It can go on land or in water...that's why I
call it "amphibious". :^) It can cross moats and the front end is high
enough to breach most castle walls...and beware the talons. Check it out:

Again, that falcon just stared right at me the second I took a look at the
picture. Wow!

Last but not least, the Dark Fortress of the Warlord of Blakk.

Not, by far, least. I mean, there was a <jaw drop>, <drool>, the works...
again (in english this time ;-), where do I start...

Alright, the foundation. You use the BURPs really well, not lining them up
makes for a more realistic mountain. The entryway is well hidden behind
another row of BURPs (so that if someone happens to find the fortress, they
wouldn't have any clue where to get in from).

The battlements are great, you use the slopes very well.

What I liked best was the way you managed to make the castle be wider at the
top than at the bottom. Few people managed to do that elegantly and still
have a stable building (specifically the two awesome, un-blood-related (1)
Hamiltons - Craig and Brad. Coincidence? I think not. ;-).

Anyway, back to Blakk, I was saying you built up very elegantly. And *then*,
when I thought the best was behind me and the pictures were ending, you
totally blew me away with those *huge* removable sections. That bought me
over, it's my favorite method of showing interiors, but I know it's hard to
do. From experience (2). And it seems you did *that* well, too.

Then I came back and read this...

The Blakk valley is so deep
and thickly forested that it only has one hour of daylight at high noon.
Because of it's constant darkness it has become overrun with bats - the
emblem of the Blakk Horde.

I was thinking, 'Neat, neat...'

It has been rumored that the Blakk Valley is what
David referred to in Psalm 23 as "the valley of the shadow of death".

'Whoa!'

It is
also rumored that the Warlord of Blakk was alive centuries ago when the
psalm was written

'Totally cool!'

- they say he stays alive by consuming his enemies (or
maybe it's just a "Dread Pirate Roberts" kinda thing).

'Teeheeehee!'
(Actually I think I *was* laughing out loud!)

I feel like a proud new father!

You *should*!

And remember all babies are cute so if you
don't like my MOCs make up something nice to say. :^)

All babies *are* cute. And yours specifically. Ok, more menacing than cute.
But that's a compliment. I wouldn't say that to a baby (or his/her parents).
;-)

....let me know what you think.

Magniv la-allah!! ;-)

Lehit Bill,
-Shiri

(1) I *think*! Maybe I'm assuming too much, though. Just coz one's in sunny
GA and the other in sunny CA... (!!)... too much of a parallel... this is
getting weird. <grin>

(2) Shh, don't tell, but I'm actually almost finishing a new MOC myself; and
the ceiling/floors are a big problem. I'm hoping I can get it straightened
out before my end-of-term test-rush starts...