 General / 25960
Re: Large LEGO store at Disneyland?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:24:19 GMT

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message
news:G6KG83.InF@lugnet.com...
My parents just went to Disneyland and said that they were preparing a • large
LEGO store at Downtown Disney (The shopping center between Disneyland and
California Adventures).

Apparently, several large LEGO sculptures are already on display.   The
store isn't yet open.

    No, the store is open.  I was there in November, and my wife bought a
lot of my birthday and christmas presents there.  They've got a nifty
outside play area, where you can build things at if you don't mind kneeling
on the floor.  (The tables are scaled to much smaller customers. :)
    Outside there was a lego loch-ness-monster, with the head poking out of
the water along with a couple of loops of body, a family of sightseers
taking pictures of an alien family with engine trouble, a family of
dinosaurs, and a number of mini-figs made out of legos.  Tammy got me a pin
that has a picture of the loch-ness-monster, but it's a drawing, not a
photo.

    I've really got to recommend Downtown Disney to people visiting the
park, even if you don't like legos.  There are regular busses from and to it
from all four of their resorts and all of their hotels, and it has real
restaurants that you can go to and sit down at and eat like normal people,
as opposed to the crazy flood of fast food places.  Epcot has real
restaurants, but be warned: you want to arrive early in the morning, go
straight to the restaurant you want to eat at, make reservations, and then

-john
jcfiala@cssltd.com