 General / 25647
Re: I found this by accident....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 06:49:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Mizner writes:
<some major snippage>
I can guarantee that none of the banks are going to be willing to finance
and operation to retrieve a million Lego flippers.  Anyone got a used
submarine for sale, preferably cheap?  Or we could get a grant from one of
the marine labs to let us borrow a submersible to do research on "The
pscyological effects of building toys on marine animals" and just happen to
bring back all the Aquazone parts at the same time.  What would anyone use
several hundred thousand mini-fig flippers for anyway?

Flood the BrickBay market ? <g, d & r>

Seriously, I suspect that less than 500 pair have passed thru BrickBay since
its inception. 5000 pair would be enough to equip every minifig on BrickBay (SWA
guess on my part). I don't think we need umpteen-hundred thousand flippers. Now,
some of the other parts might be more worthwhile (but still stretching the cost
of a deep dive). There are some roof pieces from Outback. Those are the ones
from 6444 I believe. 124K of those might be handy. As are the fence elements (?)
from Wild West (which ones are these ?). A large supply of Castle Swords, shame
there aren't any pitchforks <g>.

I finally figured out what 'Green with yellow spikes 2 stud ramp' is. I think
that would translate into Brickbay speak 'Green Slope, Decorated 33 3 x 2'.
Those might be useful. But what are the 144K 'green speed humps' ? Are those
green roof peak bricks ?

Did anyone else notice the vaugeness of the descriptions used here ? It almost
seems like the lugnet guide has more precise descriptions than those coming from
the mothership at TLC. Maybe its just a translation issue.

Ray
l#124