 General / 25645
  Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business

(...) worth. My question that I will continue to ask until I can no longer, is what will happen to all the AFOL's in 20 years? First, Lego might not be around in twenty years. Besides the obvious, that might not seem too terribly bad. But bricks are (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business

(...) I can't speak for your lego but my classic space is in bad shape because I played with them and any unsealed sets have also been played with. I doubt the ABS is spontaneously degrading. If Lego goes out of buisness in (...) Only time will tell (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business

<big mother snip> Well, in twenty years I know I'll be kicking.. I'll only be 36. That seems to be around the average age here on LUGNET. As for The Lego Company, I have no doubts that they will still be around in 2020. If you are worried about your (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

William Brumbach wrote in message ... (...) [...] (...) Classic (...) I own proof of this very principle... a 928 that sat in a display for twenty years and virtually never got played with. All of the bricks are literally like new. What's true for (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business

(...) While I agree with Paul that this is true for ABS, it's not true for CA. I have opened some 20+ year old ABS sets and they are like new. 25+ year old CA sets still in their shrinkwrap have some signs of deterioration, the CA outgasses and (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) I'm not so sure... that is, I'm not certain that ABS _does_ outgas, but I've smelt funny smells in containers of bricks that haven't been opened for a while, that sort of suggest that it does (perhaps in (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business

(...) are not air tight. My guess is the smell you sense is from some form of bacteria. I contend that if you were to store Lego Bricks in something air tight (like a vacuum sealed bag) you wouldn't notice the smell when you open it. Of course a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business

(...) there in middle or high school. Not sure it would get a good grade though... (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)