 General / 25439
Re: Lego not an original idea?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:55:13 GMT

r2 wrote:

Santosh Bhat wrote in message ...
Apparently Lego has taken Australian (and other) companies to court over • their
product. Whilst they themsleves may be illegitimate themselves.

I do have one question relating to this. Our son is getting a Rokenbok set
for Christmas which is a RC type building set. The ELEVATED road plates are
Lego compatible (Mom has her eyes on these). The catalog states that in the
US and Canada the road plates are Lego compatible but in all other markets
they have a grid pattern. Why would this be? Are North American laws more
generous ?

I'm not sure. What I do know (or have an opinion on) is that the LEGO
compatibility of these plates is of marginal value. They only have studs
on top, and it looks like really all you could do is build on top of
them, which seems pretty pointless.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com