 General / 25382
25381  |  25383
Subject:
Fully motorized sports car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 06:19:18 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This evening, I decided to challenge myself to build a small, yet cool looking
fully motorized vehicle.  Turned out I had the extra challenge of
photographing a black model :)
My previous attempt at a very small and fully motorized vehicle was too tall
for my taste, and the steering wasn't prototypical.  This attempt, is shorter,
wider, and longer...ie, it's a not-quite-minifig scale sports car instead of a
minifig scale truck/van.
The results: a 8x24x5 black sports car...it ended up looking like a modified
Corvette, IMO (except that the engine is in the wrong place).  You can see the
wires for steering (micromotor) and driving (geared motor) sticking out the
driver side window.  These attach to longer wires from the controls:
Unfortunately, I was unable to fit seats inside, so I didn't bother with
opening doors and instead added some side details.  The rear hood does open,
though.  Underneath is a big V8.  As always, please LMKWYT!
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/