 General / 23165
Re: Advertising for the meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:56:03 GMT

What came before ATL???
I did.  :-)

Back in 1986 when I came out of the proverbial "Lego closet", it was just me and
TLC (I know--- how pretentious!!!!!!).

And then there were a few referrals from TLC Enfield.... the Canadian Broadcast
Corp.- I was on TV in Canada (Lego is not just for kids) on "The Journal", this
was rebroadcast in the USA and in Germany; I was also contacted by an advertising
agency called Magic Lantern Inc. - they wanted me to do some LEGO constructions
for a commercial; and of course there was Henry Wiencek, the author of "The World
Of Lego Toys", who interviewed me (page 30).

Back in the 80's when I was plundering the toy stores of the American midwest and
northeast, as well as southern Germany, I felt all alone in the LEGO Universe....
that is until the ATL/RTL and then LUGNET came into being, and I discovered
VOILA!! there is intelligent Lego life out there....  I am not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I've found intelligent Lego Life in the Universe!!!!  And its' teeming with
intelligent life!!!

Now I no longer feel alone or ashamed!!!

Gary Istok
"Never take yourself too seriously!!"  :-)

Steve Bliss wrote:

I dunno.  What came before ATL?

Steve

In lugnet.general, Jamie Obrien wrote:

RTL, RTL, please don't forget ATL!! What came before ATL??

Jamie
<Pondering on the Past is bad for your future!>

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:53:24 GMT, "Larry Pieniazek"